Just building a website.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Right or Wrong.
I don't know what brought this up in my brain.

In 1977, I was finishing my 'A' levels and wanted to go to Uni. What better way than to get paid to go.
I therefore applied to various establishments, one of which was the army.

Thus I was sent to RCB - Regular Commissions Board - Westbury, Wilts for 3 days.
I had been to RCB before, but that was only because my school was nearby in Warminster, and the army needed some 'fake' RCB candidates for a video promotion that they were doing.

Anyway...back to RCB....a pretty gruelling ordeal.

One of the tasks was in an exam room, silence, a task...and a time limit.
Turn over the paper and, there is a photo of a soldier, rifle aimed at camera.
Titled "Who is right? Who is wrong ?"
Discuss this topic in more than 500 words and less than 3000.

Cripes ! I thought.
Anyway. I sort of described how a young squaddie, tired, at unease, in a very hostile envirnoment had in fact shot an innocent.
I ended my 'story' with
"Who is right? Who is wrong ?"
"What is right? What is wrong ?"

I think that didn't go down too well.

Anyway, I failed to be taken on by the army, good job too I reckon.
I did however get my University Scholarship from Jaguar Rover Triumph...but thats another story ;).

Back to "What is wrong ? What is right".....I dunno. A lot has to do with perspective.
I am hoping to demonstrate this here shortly.
Stories from the same situation, told from another perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home